Spring is starting to wiggle it's way into our minds....
The girls start swimming lessons today with their school. After lunch they are bussed to Palmer (40 minute drive) and have swimming lessons in the afternoon and arrive home around 5:00p.m. which is 1 1/2 hrs after their usual home time so we adjust :)d

Do you see where the sun is shining directly above the mountain peak? Well a few weeks ago we were so excited when it barely made it up above that peak at all for just a few seconds before sinking back down!! Wow! It's so fun to SEE spring coming around!

The snow is melting off of my deck, uncovering my grill and my bird feeder...those poor neglected birds...I didn't feed them nearly enough this winter. But back to my grill!! I am starting to anticipate cooking on the grill, friends over for cookouts and beautiful long evenings out on the porch!

Well this can't always be trusted but I waited until the sun was sufficiently off of the gauge before catching the temperature...half an hour earlier it was showing 85 degrees when the sun was directly shining on it haha! Don't we wish :)

Mud season preview...I've been told that's an official Alaskan season! Well from what we saw last summer I think the entire summer was mud season. But we have our rubber boots standing by...

I don't know for sure if bunnies count as a sign of spring but at our house they do! The kids really wanted lizards...so we got them a bunny!! haha! But we all love it and have named it Willow...or Whillo as Naomi prefers to spell it.

So there you have it...signs of spring in Glacierview community, Alaska...Pretty soon it will be "good-bye snowmachining" ...till next fall.
3 comments:
Looks like it warm enough in Alaska for grilling. As you know we are in WI. I have a photo from the month of Jan. with my husband grilling burgers on our gas grill. He was wearing his snowmobile suit & a winter cap, there were a few snowflakes falling & snow on the ground. He says, The burgers don't know it is cold out.
Thanks for sharing your spring photos!
Goodbye snowmobiling, HELLO QUADDING!!!
I would love to come for a cook out on your porch. :) I think you have more signs of spring then we do, lol! Love it. Miss you tons.
Post a Comment