Well today I got to once again help out with surgery on this tumor that keeps reappearing on one of the camp's horses. Doug, the wrangler performed the surgery and I was invited to assist. We cut the growth off of this horse's eyelid last fall but it grew back with a vengeance, and much bigger than it had been before. The vet that we consult with agreed that cryogenic treatment was the best option at this point. Doug was very disappointed to be forced to play with liquid nitrogen...NOT! The surgery went well and uneventfully and I guess we'll wait and see what happens with the tissue, whether it grows another tumor or not. These are some photos taken by our documentation crew :)
2 comments:
Ummmmm... Very glad someone has the stomach to assist on something like that! Where's that hurling emoticon when you need it?! ;)
P.S. NOW I see the caution statement! LOL!
Post a Comment