Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School

Well the summer sneaked in and out and fall is here again. I think this summer was a little bit difficult for the kids as they realized that unlike most families, summer is the time where we see Daddy less instead of more and have less time for family activities instead of more. I know Naomi was disappointed that we weren't able to go tent camping and the kids would really have loved to visit the zoo, go on adventure hikes and other such activities but with camp and Ryan's very busy schedule during the summer it just wasn't possible. I think as the kids get older I'll be able to manage taking all four and getting out more but for now this is our life.

School-time is here now and the girls were all so excited to get started! Naomi moved up to the 3rd-5th grade class and has a new teacher Ms. Donaldson. Thus starts the time of spelling tests, reading logs and less recess time.

Natalie is the only 2nd grader in the K1-2nd grade class with Mr. D and is currently (not sure how long the excitement will last hehe) excited to have Isabella be a K1 student in her class this year.

My baby-est girl Isabella is a full-time kindergartener. She asked me last week, a couple of days into school, whether we could do this the whole winter long.

Naomi will resume horseback riding lessons next Friday after school and Natalie is starting to take piano lessons.

Could it be my children I am talking about??? They just were little babies...

Here are a couple of pictures of the first day of school for the girls.



This was Naomi and Nati's first day...


This was taken on Bella's first day of school. She started a week after the
older girls started.


Coming off the bus and running up our driveway

No comments: