Friday, January 28, 2011

What DO we do here in the winter?

For those that are curious what activities (indoors) I have been doing this winter other than housework...

I'm trying my hand at tanning two beaver hides that a coworker trapped and let me have :) (Yes they are dripping into my bathtub lol)



I am crocheting some Turkish lace for my mom (late Christmas present heheh)



Working on a quilt called "Alaskan Silhouettes"




And crocheting a beautiful lace hat out of bluish/grey angora...



Now we are headed outside to enjoy a walk in this beautiful sunshine and 20 degree temps. Love and miss you all!

Rachel for all of us

4 comments:

Joel and Dara said...

Rachel, I love the hat. It's turning out so pretty! -Dara

Elizabeth, Nerd about all things WW2. said...

hehe I love the beavers in the bathtub. So glad you know how to quilt! I've always wanted to learn and make one. Please teach me! I used to crochet alot but haven't in years! It would be awesome to catch back up to speed and be able to crochet with you. Can't wait to get up there! Love ya'll, Jenn

Josie said...

Awesome, Rae! You're so creative! Which one is mine? :) Love you!

Daphne Mays said...

LOVE the colors in the quilt! You're so handy! Can you teach me how to crochet?????